Yep, double checked that. Now I'm using cfqueryparam, and the insert is
working flawlessly. However the output is truncated to less than 30
characters.

When I insert:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed ultrices
iaculis erat. Phasellus nisl magna, sollicitudin a, condimentum at, ornare
in, eros. Nulla tellus est, faucibus ut, mollis eu, fermentum sed, wisi.
Nulla a ipsum. Proin posuere nullam.

All I get back from it is:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, co

The text in the table is identical to what I am inserting, so is there a
different way to output this stuff?

The output query grabs it like such:
CAST(pl.txtDescription AS nvarchar) AS txtDescription

Truly,

Guy McDowell
Web Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Magma Communications Ltd.
t: 613.228.3565 x6348
f: 613.228.8313
http://websites.magma.ca

This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee.  Any other person is strictly
prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it.  If the
addressee cannot be reached or is unknown to you, please inform the sender
by return e-mail immediately and delete this e-mail message and destroy
all copies.  Due to the inherent risks associated with the Internet, we
assume no responsibility for unauthorized interception of any Internet
communication with you or the transmission of computer viruses.  Thank
you.

Joe Rinehart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
29/10/2004 10:17 AM
Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
Re: nvarchar Insert

Guy,

I'd double check your column definition to make sure it's set to 300
and not 30...I've been known to do things like this from time to time.

-joe

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:12:56 -0400, Guy McDowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having trouble with this one.
>
> SQL 2000 and the field datatype is nvarchar set to 300 chars.
>
> Insert Statement:
> INSERT INTO tblMyTable (txtField)
> VALUES ('#frmTxtField#')
>
> '#frmTxtField#' comes from a textarea form element.
> Sometimes I get a "truncate data" error from the database. Sometimes it
does the insert but only the first 30 or so characters.