Where applicable (on createObject/cfobject instead of cfinvoke), I make
an init() method that sets a local variable for a dsn. Init methods look
like:

function init(dsn) {
   variables.dsn=arguments.dsn;
   return this;
}

then to instantiate the cfc, it's like this:

myCFC = createObject("component","myCFCFile").init(request.dsn);

After that, all queries use datasource="#variables.dsn#" for the life of
the object (variables, appplication, session, etc.)

-nathan strutz