Hi,
I have a tricky little issue. Maybe someone can help me.

I have a query that returns a grouped output.  There are items that
have mutiple dates and those dates have to be in order.

Kinda like this.

item z datea dateb datec
item r datee datef dateg

so my query is like
select item, date
where itemid = date_itemid
order by itemid, date

And the output looks like this
<cfoutput query="me" group="item">
   #item#
   <cfoutput>
      #date#
   </cfoutput>
</cfoutput>

So, in order to keep the dates outputing right, I have to order them
after the item in the sql order by.

Now my problem is this: I have to have the item with the earliest date
first.  However, to keep the cfoutput group working, I have to have
the date by as secondary to the item.

I'm thinking I can do it by dumping it into an array of structures and
then sorting the array of structures or something like that or perhaps
writing a sp.  This page will be hit a lot so I'm trying to keep it
simple and fast.

cfmx and sql2000.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.