Example:
<CFQUERY datasource="#DSN#" name="auth">
SELECT *
FROM PenPals
WHERE PP_Username = '#Form.PP_Username#'
</CFQUERY>
<CFIF auth.recordcount GT "0">
I'm sorry someone has already chosen that username, please go back
and choose another.
<CFELSE>
<CFINSERT dataSource="#dsn#" tableName="PenPals">
</CFIF>

Stay current with what's happening on AirportNet. Subscribe to our
Announcement list today: http://www.airportnet.org/email.htm

Kelly Matthews
Internet Development Coordinator
AAAE