Just an FYI here. Yes, although most of us paid for our yearbooks, long
long ago in a land far far away, that money was only a small fraction of
the total cost of producing the yearbook (I paid $35 for my senior
yearbook, and that was 17 years ago.) Most schools defray the larger
costs through advertising (it was the last 20 pages or so of mine) and
through fund raisers (man I got tired of those candy bars). And even
though digital photography has helped to bring down some costs (like
initial developing), the price of paper has actually increased quite a
bit since "the old days."