There is a cgi variable called Auth_User (pulled from a NT/IIS log-in). This
variable cannot be used if you have anonymous log-in enabled on your server.

I'm working on an app similar:

<!--- If an NT Authintication is present, then set to a Session Var, else
redirect--->
                <cfif  isdefined("Auth_User")>
                <!--- Auth_User is available to CF if you have  anonymous
log-on turned off in NT & IIS  and...
                Variables: Enable Session Variables and Enable Application
Variables--->

                <!--- you can see a list of all available Variables by
Administer:Debugging:Show variables  --->
                                <cflock timeout="30" throwontimeout="No"
type="EXCLUSIVE">
                                <cfset Session.Auth_User =
listlast(#Auth_User#,"\")>
                                </cflock>