We are still using CF5 and the built in verity engine with excellent
success. However, every once in a while the search page generates an error
within the cfsearch tag that tells us that an invalid character was passed
in the search string.

We have written a filter that removes non-alphanumeric characters from the
search string, but every now and then someone finds a way to enter a search
string that our filter doesn't catch and generates an error.

Does anyone have a definitive filter for the search string that will insure
that CFSearch will not complain?

Best Regards,

Dennis Powers
UXB Internet- A Website Design and Hosting Company
690 Wolcott Road - P.O. Box 6028
Wolcott, CT 06716    tel: (203)879-2844
http://www.uxbinternet.com
http://dennis.uxb.net