Those of us in IT can't just look at the technology anymore. We must
adopt a mgmt mindset. Like anything else, if there are more say MS/ or
Java/JSP or PHPor other developers than CF developers then it would
stand to reason that mgmt would prefer to look at a platform that has a
larger base. I think their mindset is that the more people there are
using a particular platform, there would be more support for it. I'm not
saying this may be the case but as most of you correctly pointed out, we
should use the  technology for what mgmt wants to support (note that I
did say the best. If mgmt supports it, then you'll have better support)
and to deliver their projects on time and at a reasonable costs.

If I was running a company, I'd want to know how this technology is
saving me money, time and making me more profitable. =)