Hi Dan.

We are UK based, but use a US based hosting company (ev1servers.net)
as all UK based hosting companies are a rip-off in comparsion, and it
really doesn't matter where the servers are. EV1 has 24 hour 365 day
support so it doesn't matter if you have a problem when it is 3am in
the US as there is always someone there. Their prices are excellent
and you get loads of bandwidth included (which no UK based provided
tend to do).

Also, we found the three UK providered we used in the past (Virtual
Internet (the worst of the worst), Host Europe and OneAndOne) didn't
provide anywhere near the level of customer service or reliability of
connection that was required.

Best Regards

Andrew.