From: Scott Mulholland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 9:03 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Database design question

In theory is there any downside to joining cross database.  I'm using
sql server and was considering having my user data in one database and
my content data in an other.  In some cases I would need to do something
like this as an example:

2 databases (MS SQL Server for arguments sake): USERS and CONTENT

datasource=CONTENT
select a.title, u.firstname, u.lastname
from articles a INNER JOIN USERS.dbo.accounts u ON a.insertby =
u.account_id

Is there any performance hit or other reasons to avoid having them as
separate databases?

Thanks,
Scott

---