Damien McKenna wrote:

> - What are the differences between Session and Client variables?

Session variables are stored in memory on the server.  If you have a
very busy web site with many active sessions, and you make heavy use of
session variables, you can use a LOT of memory.  Session variables are
maintained only as long as the session is maintained.  By default,
session variables are lost after 20 minutes of inactivity.

Client variables are stored in the system registry (or optionally in a
database of your choosing).  They are associated with a specific client,
and persist beyond the browser session.

Never in my 7 years of CF programming have I used Client variables.  So
I can't really speak much to their use.

Session variables can store just about anything - including complex
variables, objects, queries, etc.

Client variables can only store simple variables.

There's a lot of good information in the manual "Developing Coldfusion
MX Applications With CFML"

  - Rick