No, the CFX tag will not know what to do with it.  Your best bet is to
just keep the password from being immediately visible in the code if
you can help it.  Any way you look at it, it will be decrypted before
it is sent over to verisign (though it is sent via SSL).

I'm sure you can get creative with encryption so that you decrypt it
as you pass it to the tag..  I have a CFC version of the PFPro tag
that might give you a bit more flexibility in this area, though I
personally wouldn't trust a stranger's CC gateway code :)

I'd be more than happy to post it if anyone is interested though.