>>"object-oriented methodology" doesn't guarantee you won't have obtuse and
unmaintainable code.

Absolutely. The problem is that many "programmers" wont learn programming, then
just learn how
to use a "framework" and they beleive they know programming, just because they
"use a framework"
the result is actually "spaghetti framework" ;-)

>>Many well-written web applications are procedural, rather
than object-oriented, and CF is the ideal language for writing web
applications if you're satisfied with procedural programming. I'm not so
sure it's the ideal language for OO web programming.

Exact, there is nothing more procedural than a Web application:
There is ONE request to a server for a page from a user, and ONE answer from
the server to the user.
Now, if some want absolutely to see Objects or even EVENTS there, well good for
them if it can make them happy ;-)
But the fact is that any CF page is nothing but ONE call to a procedure, and a
"CF application" is nothing else than a bunch of pages.
--
REUSE CODE! Use custom tags;