If you use positional parameters, only parameters at the end can be
left off.  However, you can use named parameters without using
CFINVOKE:

<cfset o.method(name=url.name, age=url.age, ...) />

I generally prefer to not specify a default for my option arguments,
and then use structKeyExists() against the 'arguments' struct to check
if they were passed.  Since we don't have method overloading in CF,
optional parameters (and their associated conditionals) are a
necessary evil.

cheers,
barneyb

--