On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:39:25 -0800, Matt Robertson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I ran the latest Updater recently and since then, it seems my cfcatch
> statements (when displayed via cfdump) no longer have those annoying
> red boxes saying variable not found and only naming the var... but not
> its location.
>
> Instead the entire cfcatch scope simply dumps out to [unknown type].
> There is no error scope to dump.
>
> I never saw these until recently, and now they seem to be coming from
> every client whose server I manage.
>
> Is there a remedy to this?  I have the cfdump fix pages linked to by
> another poster here, and plugged them into one of my dev servers
> (somewhere :-( ).  Is that the fix?  Am I just the last guy to find
> out about something again?

I'm not sure if you're the last guy, but this is a known issue
(regression) with the MX Updater 1 release. Yes, there is a
non-Macromedia distributed fix going around, but still no word from
Macromedia on an official hotfix.

Just as a quasi-side note, this only effects using cfdump to output
the cfcatch scope. This does *not* break the actual contents of the
cfcatch scope (i.e., you can loop over the cfcatch scope manually to
output each key/value pair).

Regards,
Dave.