> Wow, we're in the midst of another list jihad and its not about
> FuseBox.  Go figure.

I know, and somehow I stumbled right into it. Fortunately, it's an issue
which makes no difference to me. :)

> Anyway, he's probably using includes that don't contain a significant
> degree of CF logic, which is arguably exactly what a simple display
> header/footer is, or should be.

Understood. It's a common practice. I've done it -- recently. Most people
have done it. Before custom tags, it was the only method of code reuse in
ColdFusion. It's easy. It provides the most rudimentary form of code reuse.

In fact, I usually use cfincludes in my custom tags to shorten them up if
they are over 50 lines. However, I try not to use cfinclude for the purpose
of code reuse these days. It's not a particularly safe practice. Recent
versions of ColdFusion provide much more appropriate methods for code reuse.
There are other benefits to using custom tags, many of which I've noted.

I started out trying to convey that. :)

Ben Rogers
http://www.c4.net
v.508.240.0051