> Okay, so if I'm in, say, "Applications/Jrun4/servers/default/CFIDE"
> and the war file is in "Powerbook/Applications" (remember, I expanded
> the war files to this directory that the jar file created because I
> typed the path in wrong) I need to give the path in the jar command
> that points to the rds.war file in that "applications" folder?

It doesn't really matter where the WAR files are, as long as you put the
expanded directories in the right place. Again, the WAR files are
essentially just ZIP archives. If you're using the JAR utility, you'll need
to specify the path to that, if you can't run it successfully.

> I can do that? I can just delete the folders that the jar file created
> and just start over? How do I correctly tell the jar file where to
> install the war files?

You can delete these files without causing any problems. However, you might
as well just extract the WAR files wherever they happen to be, then move the
extracted directories to the right place within your application server's
directory.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496