Jim Davis wrote:
> But, my point is, that if IE weren't around then alternative methods would
> be employed to trick people into installing SpyWare.  Do you really think
> that the FireFox extensions architecture will NOT be used for spyware?

It will not be used for spyware that cripples Windows. It will be
used for spyware that cripples FireFox but can be uninstalled
through the exension manager.

> Are you arguing that IE should not be used or hat patched software should
> not be used?

I am arguing that known insecure software should not be used.
Until last Wednesday that included IE on every Windows platform
but XP SP2, and the jury is still out on the patch that was
released then.

Jochem