if you're reloading the page, that's expected behavior.

you'd need to actually submit the form and either save the values into
the session scope, or submit the form to itself to have the values
available...then use those values in the 'value' attribute of the
input fields.

you'd also likely need to <cfparam> them at first so as not to receive
any errors when the form initially loads.