Adrocknaphobia wrote:
> I hate to break it to you but with 90%+ market share... IE is the
> standard... regardless of what the W3C has to say about it.

The law has more power as a de facto standard. In the EU
directive 2000/78/EC mandates accessibility for more then just
government sites.
In Germany the "Bundesgleichstellungsgesetz für Behinderte"
mandates WCAG 1.0 Priority 1 and 2 for every new government site,
and all existing sites have to be retrofitted within the next
year. (Yes Macromedia, this means no Flash RIA's, because they
use <embed> and embed does not conform to HTML which is a
requirement under WCAG 1.0 Priority 2. It has finally happened,
Flash RIA's are illegal.)
My favourite example though is the UK. The DDA, Code of Practice
III makes accessibility mandatory for commercial sites. Yes,
accessibility all the way, an explicit example from the code of
practise is the requirement to make a travel reservation site
accessible for people with special user agents (screen reader etc.).

Like it or not, W3C standards are comming your way. Use that
knowledge now to win clients by explicitly stating conformance in
tender bids, because soon everybody else will jump on the
conformance bandwagon and you will need to find another
competitive edge.

Jochem