Ian, thanks for the reply.
I'm using

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
<cfwddx action="cfml2js" input="#qry#" topLevelVariable="aJSVar">
</script>

however I keep getting a JS error : "WddxRecordset" is Undefined.

When I view the source I clearly see the array created, I just keep
getting that error message.
Any ideas?