Matt Robertson wrote:

> If I'm understanding you right and you're only doing extension checks
> it just seems that you're not using an important feature of cffile.
> Using both features would be ideal but on a given day with a typical
> user I'd say cffile accept= was a lot more powerful piece of
> protection.

According to macromedia documentation, the browser uses the file
extension to determine the mime type.

What are you trying to protect against?

The only difference I see is that I specify "jpg,jpe,jpeg,jpeg", while
you would specify "image/jpeg,image/pjpeg"

The other difference I see is that if I were only checking mime types, I
could easily upload a .cfm by making my computer think .cfm was image/jpeg.

If I were only checking extensions, then I could NEVER upload a .cfm file.

That seems more secure to me.

  - Rick