I don't normally preface the vars...but I do try to be descriptive
enough in the var name that it's evident what the var is.  For arrays
and structs in particular, i'll do something like "empArray" or
"empStruct".

But as far as explicitly identifying strings, ints, etc...not really.

empName is pretty clearly a string.  empID is clear enough (IMO) that
it's a numeric value.  etc.