From: David E. Crawford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 8:42 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: IIS "Locking" Files

A while back there was some discussion of a registry hack which would allow
the disabling of the "lock" that IIS places on files during "read"
operations.  I understand that it may have a bearing on performance,
however, I am in a situation where I am ftp'ng webcam images into a
directory, which are then "called" via CFM template.  Unfortunately the
browser access to the files appears to be placing an exclusive lock on the
file, which means the FTP process is failing.

Does anyone recall the technique used to defeat this "feature" of IIS?

Dave
David E. Crawford
Director, Internet Development
Yale Security Group, Inc.