I ran into this problem recently. To work around it (at least temporarily),
I made the form action attribute point to a non-existent page. Then, when
the onsubmit event gets fired, I substitute the real action page.

This works because the spammers aren't actually "surfing" the site, so to
speak. They appear to be spidering sites, building a list of form fields,
and sending an HTTP post to the action page.

Ben Rogers
http://www.c4.net
v.508.240.0051
f.508.240.0057