From: Barney Boisvert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 9:46 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: SOT moving to FireFox

IE incorrectly implements the CSS box model, while FF (and other
browsers) gets it right.  Specifically, IE assumes the width you specify is
for the actual content area of the elements box, while the CSS spec says
that the width you specify is for the entire box (including padding, border,
and margin).  So if you've got 5px of margin, a 1px border, and 4px of
padding, your elements will be 10px wider than they should be.  Or, if
you're looking at it from the IE side, rather than the standards side, a
standards compliant browser will show your boxes 10px smaller than you're
used to.

cheers,
barneyb

--