From: Gina Shillitani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 1:44 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Dynamic Dropdowns From Queries?

I want to create dynamic dropdown boxes where the second box changes based
on the selection of the first box, but using CFQUERY to fill the contents of
both boxes... for example, the first select box contains the results of
QUERY1, and based on what they select from that box, I want to fill the
second box with a query using a where clause that uses the selection from
the first box.

Example: The first dropdown is filled with the results of a query like
"SELECT ClientName FROM Clients". Then if user chooses Client A from the
first dropdown, I want to run a query like "SELECT Offices FROM Clients
WHERE ClientName = 'Client A'" and use the results of that query to fill the
second dropdown.

All of the JavaScript dynamic dropdown things I've found have the values
hardcoded into them. Is there a way to do this, with or without JavaScript?
Also, I am using the Fusebox methodology on this site.
the body.