This is more of a general HTML/Dynamic HTML/javascript type question
rather than CF, so there might be better forums for this question.

There are proabaly several ways to do this but here is one.

Give your div an id attribute with a unique name.

Say <div id="hike1"> and also give it a style attribute.

For simplicity I will show the style inline but as you probably know
there are better ways to specify styles.

On some clickable item have the attribute
onclick="document.all.hike1.style.display='inline';"

This will make the div contents appear.

If you want the same clickable item to toggle the div visible and
invisible then you will need to do a bit more javascript to check what
the current value of document.all.hike1.style.display is and set the
opposite.

Of course you can mix this javascript stuff with CF code if required

e.g.
onclick="document.all.#current_hike#.style.display='#current_hike_display_mode#';"

:-)

Hope that helps (HTH)