From: Todd Ashworth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: September 1, 2000 7:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CF not letting go of database connection?

Do you mean that the database engine stays running even after the last
connection has been closed?

If so, go to your ODBC administrator in your control panel and open the
properties for the DSN in question.  Under the "Database" tab, you will have
2 checkboxes at the bottom.  One is to automaticly start the database if it
isn't running and the other is to shut down the database after the last
disconnect.  You will want to check the second one.  Note that with this
option checked, anytime the database is not being queried, the database
engine will shut down.  This means that it will have to restart every time a
new query comes along, which adds about 1 second of overhead (YMMV).

Todd Ashworth