> When I said a good weekend project.. I just meant that mine is the
> type of site that slacks off on weekends so you know, if I do toss too
> much, it doesn't hurt a user's experience because weekend traffic is a
> mere fraction of weekday traffic.
>
> I would of course test at various times, but initial testing seems to
> be a good idea on off-peak hours.

Well, what exactly do you want to accomplish with your tests? Figuring this
out, and actually doing it, is again a non-trivial task. It's also not the
kind of thing you typically do within a live production environment, for
many reasons - you may actually cause damage to that environment, for one!

> Thanks for the link, google didn't bring that one up for me, but I'm
> very interested in trying it.

You're welcome, of course!

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/