AH!! yes.. I KNEW it was right in front of me.  But I'm sorry given
it's a hot summer, and still new year hangover time, my brain just
wasn't working.

Thanks

As to contract rates, I'm not a good person to ask. I'm bloody glad to
see the back of 2004. It was the worst year financially for me since
1981.   For the last 11 years, I've earned about 2/3 of my income from
freelancing, and in 2004, up till November 15, I had 14 paid days
work, and all of that at a rate less than half what I was earning for
most of the previous 5 years.   Most of the people I contacted during
the year - HUNDREDS of them - simply didnt have the manners to respond
in any way, so I dont know how I did with them.  Never got a response,
even to advertised positions.  Of those I did get to talk to,  most
said they weren't making any new dvelopment in ColdFusion, only doing
mods and bug fixes on their current sites.

Thats what prompted my question a few weeks ago that caused such a
stir - who's actually selling coldfusion servers in Australia - who's
actually working to increase the market for us..

I've gone and got Macromedia CFMX certification - to advanced level no
less - and I'm hoping that might prove to the people who were so
dismissive that they couldn't even bother to send an email that I have
both practical and theoretical skills and I know what i'm talking
about.

However others said they were having a bumper year, and that the
coldfusion market here was strong and go-ahead.  I guess you have to
be on some kind of 'inner circle' or something.   Or know the secret
handshake.

I finish 4 weeks good work at a Government Department in a couple of
weeks, and I'm back hunting again.   So there's yet another big
department (they say they have Australia's largest intranet)  doing no
new development in CF and planning to move to other technology.
Frankly I dont relish hunting for work during January.  But that's how
it's turned out.

My advice?   Don't sell up and come to Australia if you plan to rely
on ColdFusion development for your source of income.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month