I've had many errors thrown, since upgrading to CFMX, when uploading a file.
The error looks something like this...

No data was received in the uploaded file "NatGeo.webloc".
Saving empty (zero-length) files is prohibited.
Verify that you specified the correct file.

I took a look at the open source ColdFusion File Manager demo
(http://www.webworksllc.com/cffm/cffm.cfm) and noticed that there's doesn't
throw an error with the same file. Further research showed that it's probably
because they're on Linux, while i'm on IIS/Win2k. I downloaded their code to my
IIS box and it threw the same error.

This file is on a Mac, and the Finder shows that it has 462 bytes. The terminal
shows it as zero bytes though. My guess would be due to some sort of resource
fork or other Mac weirdness. But the error is not simply on Macs. I have had
users on WinNT 4 and 5 using IE to upload Word docs when it threw the same
error. Could it be an open file issue, or locked file, or some other craziness?

On the server side this is a file system issue. CF5 didn't throw the error when
i uploaded that file, it simply thinks that i didn't upload a file at all.
Anyone have a solution for this, other than simple error catching?

thanks. ... .joe