From: Ryan Mannion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 11:51 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Authorize.net

Has anyone used authorize.net for thier payment processing gateway?

I sent an email asking about how the control would work. I've only
used Verisign Pay Flow Pro in the past. This is thier response.

"This is the flow of control for AIM:
- The customer submits the order form on your web site.
- This form will post into a script on your server.

This script must do the following:
- Make a Direct Socket Connection to our Transact.DLL using SSL.
- Submit the transaction details. - Transact.DLL processes the
transaction and
generates the results.
- The results are returned directly to the script that created the
connection.
- Generate the receipt page using the results of the transaction that
were
returned."

How would I make a direct socket connection to thier transact.dll
using SSL? I know how to install and configure the SSL cert, but how
would I make a Direct Socket Connection in Cold Fusion?

Any suggestions would be welcomed!