Just go download http://www.microsoft.com/sql/msde/downloads/download.asp

All you need for dev etc....

-----Original Message-----
From: Burns, John D [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 January 2005 14:54
To: CF-Talk
Subject: SQL Server on Windows XP

I remember some discussions of SQL Server (Server instance) being
installed on Windows XP for development purposes.  Is this only
available using SQL Server Developers Edition?  If so, is that something
that's included with an MSDN subscription or anything like that or can
you only get it by purchasing at microsoft.com for $49.95?  We have a
site we need to demo on a military base and the portion we're going to
is locked down and we can't get internet access to demo it from our
server here so we're planning to install everything we need on a laptop
so we can show it from there.  Any advice that anyone can give would be
greatly appreciated.

John Burns
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
AI-ES Aeronautics, Web Developer