No, it returns pos and length of the subgroups, but you can use that
with greedy matches to find the position:

position = 0;
stTmp = REFind("^.*(a)",string,1,true);
if(stTmp.pos[1]) position = stTmp.pos[2];

This gives the last position of "a". OR you can do what you suggested
yourself in your previous post. Reverse the string and look for the
first occurrence.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>