I've always used <cfheader name="expires" value="#now()#">

But that's that I've always done, and it's always worked fairly well...

One thing I've never been able to accomplish is make a page, like some
pages on banking sites will do, that will put up a "This page has
expired, please click here to start over." message. I've always
wondered how they accomplish that.

I know IE has some trouble with caching in that it ignores some of the
meta tags that control local page caching... ahh, here's the link. Old
new, dunno if it still applies:
http://www.netobjects.com/workbench/metaexpires.html

Laterz!

Continuum Media Group LLC