Dude, have you considered taking a online "Computer related stress" test or
lowering your caffeine intake?  Hah jokes. Believe me... we've all been
there... just some more than others. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jared Rypka-Hauer - CMG, LLC [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 10:45 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: regex help (Almost)

Geeze,

I sure hope anyone who read this paragraph:
Still fighting that thing, eh? I spent 3 hours this afternoon trying
to figure out why a simple INSERT query wouldn't work... finally I
wrapped the query text in ## and a cfoutput, then copy/pasted it into
Query Analyzer... only to find out that the problem was a new column
in the database that was marked not nullable. I hadn't updated the
insert to account for the new column.

Knew I was speaking in shorthand. It's embarrasing.

I mean, I pulled it out of the cfquery tag, wrapped it in a cfoutput
instead, and rendered the text as-was to the screen... so I had my
query, verbatim, as the cfquery tag would be receiving it. Then I
copy/pasted THAT into query analyzer, so I could get the actual SQL
Server error that was screwing me up.

I haven't always been really good about my error handling, because, I
guess, I've always thought that if you make the system so it works
well, you don't get errors. And, mostly, it's held true. But, times
like today remind me that error handling isn't just for end users...
it's more for us than anything, because if we do it right, it'll TELL
us what's wrong most of the time.

Anyway... good luck with your regexes!

Laterz,

--