Dave,

I forgot about the isapi filter in the master www property page.  Does this
mean I can't catch missing .jsp pages?  I am not sure if you saw my initial
post in this thread, but it's all explained in there.  CFMX catches missing
.cfm and .cfml pages and displays the page defined in the missing template
handler, but not .cfc or .jsp pages.  IIS handles any other extensions with
the custom error page I created (except for the above four I mentioned).

Also, on a related note to this specific problem, the missing template
handler IS NOT relative to the web root as the docs say.  The only way I've
gotten it to work is to use a mapping.  You cannot use "relative" paths as
in ../folder/file.cfm.  You have to use /folder/file.cfm.

>From the technote:

"Configuring a missing template handler requires setting a path to the
Missing Template Handler on the Settings page of the ColdFusion
Administrator. It must be in a relative path of the web site."

>From the CFMX docs:

"Specify a template to execute when ColdFusion MX cannot find the requested
template. This specification is relative to the web root. If the user is
running Internet Explorer with "Show Friendly HTTP error messages" enabled
in advanced settings (the default), Internet Explorer will only display this
page if it contains more than 512 bytes."

If my web root is http://www.mysite.com and my error page is at
http://www.mysite.com/404.cfm, using /404.cfm in the missing template
handler field does not work, which leads me to believe the technote should
explicitly state that you have to use a mapping to specify where the page
is.  I haven't submitted this as a "bug" to MM yet because I wanted to get
feedback on it to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Andy