I'm still troubleshooting this and I have a hunch maybe someone else can
confirm...

The mail servers that my outgoing mail is trying to connect to are being a
bit inconsistent and so I have a lot of mail that fails and goes to the
undeliverable folder.  I then have that undeliverable mail put back in the
spool folder every 5 minutes so that eventually it all goes out.

My hunch is that maybe CF is not releasing the port when mail is not sent
successfully because it could not connect to the mail server....this would
explain why my problem is happening just now that I started using these
"unreliable" mail servers (not my choice of course)....

Any thoughts anyone?

Sincerely,

Dave Phillips
BizBreeze.com