JPL uses ColdFusion for many of it's internal web applications.  JPL
has an institutional web (site) service available to projects/program
offices to help promote their work internally and externally.  CFMX
has been recently made available through this service, which is great.
There are also pockets of CF servers around the lab for specialized
use.

The Cassini site was developed by a related Raytheon-based web
development group.  They are also responsible for many of JPL's
outreach sites.  The quality of their work has always been excellent.

Stacy,

I had worked on the Rover Sequence Editor (RoSe), which is being used
to sequence activities for both Spirit and Opportunity.  However, my
inquiry into CF/Flex was unrelated.  Interesting thought, though.

Disclaimer:  The message above is my opinion, not JPL's... and not Gmail's.
--
Carlos Balacuit
Macromedia Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer