Adam,

Point taken. But would why bother including a component which is
flawed in two pretty fundamental ways?

If this was a problem with an open source platform (say, PHP which by
the way has several flawless POP3 implementations), I wouldn't be
upset. I would politely request that it be fixed, and I would be able
to obtain a bleeding edge patch to help test.

But I chose CF for all the good things it offers. RAD being the main
one. But why should I pay the (expensive) license fees for buggy
software? Yes, it is buggy: there is no other way to describe it.

Suddenly that "RAD" feature goes out the window while I dick around
trying to come up with a disgusting, inelegant kludge.

Do you release buggy, substandard software to your clients?

Yes, software will always have bugs. But when they are present in
development tools, its tenfold more frustrating.

Anyway, the organisation I work for has a pretty good relationship
with MS. I hope the substantial resources of MM can get bugs these
fixed for me and all the other CF users out there.

Regards,

Jono