Paul

> pretty much everybody knows better than ms when it comes to JDBC & sql
> server. ms's JDBC driver originally came from datadirect & hasn't really
> progressed that far. and my own testing is exactly the opposite of your
> findings, ms's JDBC driver was the 3rd slowest i tested:
>
> #1 jTDS http://jtds.sourceforge.net/
> #2 datadirect
> #3 ms JDBC

As well as performance, other aspects to a DB driver are stability &
functionality (like support for SQL syntax & the JDBC spec).  Did you do any
comparative testing of these aspects as well as performance, or do you know
of any such testing that's been done?

We're thinking of trying out jTDS but I'm wondering whether the speed comes
at a price & if so, what the tradeoff is. I've read what they say about jTDS
on sourceforge and of course it sounds great, but any kind of independent
corroboration would be nice, particularly from people who've used it in a CF
context.

Nick