Ian Vaughan wrote:

>I have an XML document that needs to be converted to a fixed width Comma
>Seperated File so it can be inserted into the relevant databases.
>
>XSLT would perform this transformation but how can Coldfusion fit in to
>make this an easy to use web application.
>
>For example...
>
>The user would upload the XML file using CFFILE through a web interface.
>In the action page it would process the XML doc and produce the relevant
>CSV file.
>
>Any ideas on the best way forward on this ...

What exactly is the end point?  The creation of the CSV?  Or does
something happen with the CSV afterwards?

If something is happening with the CSV afterwards, then you need to look
at what you need in order to perform the next task.

If the CSV is the end, then you probably don't need to involve CF other
than to handle the file upload, just use the XSLT.
If you want to save the generated CSV out somehow somewhere, then Nick's
suggestion of the XMLTransform is probably the way to go.
If you actually need to do something with the XML data in CF, but only
need the CSV as a means of getting the data into CF, then xml2query will
cut out the CSV middle-man giving you something easier to work with in CF.

So basically, you need to think about what is next the application/data
flow and process the XML accordingly.

Stephen