Hi Dave,
I have no problem accessing port 80 on the server, and the website set up in
IIS is also using port 80 so there aren't any other limitations or deviations
from that.

Here is something new I've discovered while going through this process of
elimination.  I also have a staging server (next to it) with the same kind of
install.  I have been able to successfully connect via RDS to the staging
server.  The only difference that I can see between Dev and Staging is that at
one point someone enabled Advanced Security on DEV and not on Staging.  Now
Advanced Security was disabled on DEV recently - no configuration of any kind
was set up but now the CFAdmin has the configuration menu on DEV and Staging
does not.

- Rob