I've used SoEditor and enjoyed it.  There is(used to be) a free version
but I think they are phasing it out as we speak.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 11:45 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: WYSIWYG Rich Text Area Editor

I'll apologize in advance; the HoF server is really, really dragging on
me today, so my attempts at a search on the topic were pretty...  Well,
I didn't get very far.

That said, I've been searching for a WYSIWYG Rich Text Area Editor that
allows users to control the normal aspects and allows for the uploading
of images with the content, with the controls at my discretion.

I've checked into ActivEdit--and it looks great, to be honest.  Perhaps
a little steep for my "personal project" budget, but in the end that may
appear to be the best solution.

Does anyone have any recommedations or even any guidance to help me out
with this?  I'm not opposed to a "build my own" solution, assuming it
comes with a tutorial and a paint-by-numbers guide. (that's tongue in
cheeck)

Thanks in advance,

Russ