Others mentioned SQL and ASP (which should include .asa). Theoretically,
this could include ASP.Net, but ASP.Net already has a couple of very nice
IDEs.

Though less common, I still have several sites out there that use server
side includes (.shtm and .shtml). Most of these are moving to
Dreamweaver/Contribute templates (.dwt).

In addition to writing bat (.bat and .cmd) scripts, I write a number of
Windows Scripting Host files (.js and .vbs) for server maintenance and such.
I also write sieve scripts for mail server spam filtering, but I've never
seen a standard extension for those.

I commonly edit ini (.ini) files from within an IDE as most applications
store their config in an initialization file, a java properties file, or an
XML file. Besides .xml, there are a number of common extensions for XML
files (.svg, .xsd, .config, .rss, .rdf, .opml, .cml).

I have to admit, I've very intrigued by the question. :)

Ben Rogers
http://www.c4.net
v.508.240.0051
f.508.240.0057