I strongly recommend against automatic deployment to your production
environment on check-in. You should really have three environments: dev, test,
and prod. Build code in dev and check that it all works. Then you can check in
your code in dev. Deploy from dev to test and check that it works. Then deploy
to prod.

How you deploy your code is up to you. We have CF Enterprise at my company and
I use the Archive and Deploy features in the CF Admin for production
deployments. The technology/method of deployment is secondary. The key is good
process.