I have a question about how a relationship would be best modeled in SQL.
Currently I have a hiking website, which hosts trail reviews.  People can add
their own comments which are associated with the hike.

For instance maybe I hiked snow lake on 12/1/05 and also 6/1/05.  However, the
user review gets associated with the instance of the hike either on 12/1/05. or
6/1/05.  I want to combine these reviews so that they are associated with both.
 I think a group ID could be assigned so this could be accomplished.

However...

The real problem however is how to model something like this where one hike is
a subset or superset of another.  Take for instance this example.

TrailHead---3miles--Snowlake----2miles----Gemlake---1mile---WrightMountain.

I would like  the Snow lake reviews to be shown when either GemLake is viewed
or Wright Mountain.  However, I wouldn't want reviews for Gem Lake when the
user is only intending to go to Snowlake.  Thus the problem is how one would
handle this superset/subset association of reviews.

If anyone has any thoughts about how this would be handled I would be grateful
for the advice.

Thanks,

John