> I'd be happy to test this for you on my server, but I'm confused as to
> what you're doing.
>
> So you're saying that FCKeditor is in a directory NOT protected by
> ..htaccess, and you're calling it into a page that IS protected by
> .htaccess?

Yes, exactly that.  It's an insanely odd behavior that happens on my end,
and while saying that my server is pretty damned new and stable, I know
it's not bulletproof by any means.

When the FCKeditor is pulled up in the protected area, and to be fair,
with 2 instances on the same page, sometimes the images don't all populate
(squares with x in them), sometimes styles don't get applied and firing
open images can get you the "forbidden" page.

Shortly thereafter, that particular site tends to fail magnificantly,
followed by the Fedora Core page and then in a minute or so it comes back.

Good times.