On Feb 8, 2005, at 1:26 PM, Dave Carabetta wrote:

> But 1 and 2 sound like CF is already installed in some capacity, so it
> seems like sourceless deployment and a zip utility might be a good
> option in those scenarios (via the cfcompile utility)? And 3 sounds
> like what EAR/WAR deployment was designed for as far as a web
> environment is concerned (though I think you're probably talking about
> non-web setups?).

Yes it is!  But I want to redistro CF as part of a CFEverywhere package
containing everything (J2ee server, web server, CF J2ee, db server,
populated db, CF apps).  All of this is pre-installed, so all the
potential customer needs to do is download (and decompress), then
double-click an icon on the desktop.  This starts everything including
launching a browser pointing to the (just installed) web site.  The
download/decompress/instaqll takes, typically, 2-3 minutes.  the launch
takes, say, 30 seconds-- and the customer is into the app (web site)

Given the above scenario the deployment is done on the system where you
create the package (my development system).  Then we zip the whole
package for download.

Dick

"Seek simplicity, and distrust it."
- Alfred North Whitehead -